Good question.we are the group of Guides in Nepal we start ours self to give more service then others company but low price but best service.we are running an adventure tour and treks, so why should you choose us? We were hoping you'd ask that.
Who are we?
We are a small, personalized firm specializing in treks, tours and expedition in the Himalayan region. We have more than 15 years of experience in adventure travels companies, we have grown up; learning mistakes and comments from our valuable clients. We're based in Kathmandu, but also operate in Bhutan, Tibet and India too. When we first started out on this journey, we were the only company to take a stand against the exploitation of porters and guides that was rife in the industry at the time. And as a result of this, most of we beginning have stayed with us all this time. Our team leaders, Sherpas, cooks and porters work as a well-balanced team. We recognize them as the pillars of the company; we respect them, provide them insurance and equipment, guarantee them work, and pay them well.Our loyal, committed and experienced staff-base gives us the edge over our competition. In places like Nepal, money alone doesn't buy good service; only respect and trust, earned over years of working together, are what buy you a good experienceThe upshot of this? You get to reap the benefits of the hard work we have put in over the years.
And we get to keep doing what we love to do.
We are keenly aware of the fragility of environment and cultures in which we tour and recognize our responsibility in maintaining them. After all, our business relies entirely on them and we plan to stay in business for a good while yet. All our Team have all been given environmental training and are all very sensitive to the delicate eco-systems we enter. "Take pictures, leave only foot prints" is our motto.
We have atended a number of eco-projects in the last few years in co-operation with the Kathmandu Environment NGOS. We're proud to say our last clean-up campaign at from diffreant NGOSThe sad truth is that most trekking companies are not environmentally responsible and these magical locales are suffering for it. Nevertheless we endeavor to be the role models for those around us and hope that our principles can contribute to awareness and change.
Trekking in any region means bringing wealth into that region in any region means bringing wealth into that region. We are aware that this wealth is not fairly distributed; there is no easy solution to this. However we choose not to use the over wealthy establishments unless there is no alternative and the service we seek to offer our clients is likely to be compromised. Most of these establishments, wealthy or not use local Team. The money received by jenatreks goes towards maintaining the quality of our operation to include local staff training regarding all aspects of tourism in the country.
We have installed our own clean water system in the office negating the need to buy clean water in plastic containers. We boil and use purification tablets to minimize the rapid pollution growth.Our guides carry iodine supplies on treks and we encourage clients to have their own supplyAll of our tours have one member of staff whose main responsibility is to ensure we are adhering to good practice and treading lightly.
We provide details to all of clients on how to undertake limited impact tourism; this code is also clearly stated in our travel information.As a responsible company based in Nepal, all money generated remains in the country and we aim to make sure all of our Team are happy and well paid in their work.
A few thoughts for the responsible travelers
- Think small when booking a holiday for example bed and breakfasts, village houses and locally owned accommodation benefit local families. Help the local economy of developing countries by buying local produce in preference to imported goods.
- If bargaining to buy an item, bear in mind that a small amount to you could be extemely important to the seller.
- Realize that often the people in the country you are visiting have different time concepts and thought patterns from your own, this does not make them inferior, only different.
- Instead of the western practice of knowing all the answers, cultivate the habit of asking questions and discover the enrichment of seeing a different way of life through others eyes.Remember that man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.
- Use water sparingly it is precious in many countries and the local people may not have sufficient clean water.
- Find out where the locals go when they have time off. Visit the main sites but get off the tourist trail too.
- Don't discard litter, take it home with you. Waste disposal is a major expense in country like Nepal.
- Respect for local cultures, traditions and holy places earns you respect. For example, ask permission before you photograph local people in some countries it can cause offence.
- Spend time reflecting on your daily experience in an attempt to deepen your understanding. It has been said that what enriches you may rob and violate others.
- Do not buy products made from endangered species, hard woods, shells from beach traders, or ancient artefacts (which have probably been stolen).
- Pack small gifts from home as gifts for your hosts - ask your tour operator to ask the local community what would be of most use to them If you really want your experience to be a 'home away from home' it is foolish to waste money on traveling.
Alone impossible! We believe on team, only teamwork! We believe in teamwork in good faith for everyone, who works his or her experience and capabilities. Our team is a hard rock, we are equal no matter who is founder or manager or guide or sardar or porters,(we do all job ourself. we have been practiced to work in a team, since our establishment. Good team is a key of our success, we believe! This is the main differentiation then others, the reason thatjenatreks is about for your any venture to deal with impossible to possible in the Himalayas. Let's join with us for wonderful experiences in this untouch land of the world.
Founder & Executive Director
Tour and Trekking Guides