The top 5 reasons to do Mardi Himal Trek in 2024
Posted On:Sunday, February 13, 2022
The Mardi Himal Trek is a lesser-known trekking route in Nepal that offers stunning mountain views and a unique cultural experience. Located in the Annapurna region, the Mardi Himal Trek is a relatively easy trek that can be completed in 5-7 days.
The trek starts from the village of Phedi and takes you through lush forests, terraced fields, and charming villages. You’ll have the opportunity to see the famous Annapurna and Machhapuchhre mountains, as well as the lesser-known Mardi Himal. The trek also provides a glimpse into the rural lifestyle of the Gurung and Magar communities, who are known for their hospitality and traditional culture.
One of the highlights of the Mardi Himal Trek is the stunning views of the sunrise and sunset over the Annapurna range. The trek also offers a peaceful escape from the crowds and a chance to enjoy the natural beauty of the region at a more leisurely pace.
Overall, the Mardi Himal Trek is a great option for those who want a short and easy trek in Nepal that offers breathtaking mountain views, a unique cultural experience, and a chance to escape the crowds. It’s best to do this trek between September and November or March and May, when the weather is clear and the views are at their best.
Mardi Himal Trek is a relatively less-known trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal that offers stunning mountain views, unique cultural experiences, and the opportunity to hike through pristine forests and terraced farmlands. Here’s why and how you can do the Mardi Himal Trek:
- Why: The Mardi Himal Trek offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural richness, and adventure that sets it apart from other popular treks in Nepal. You will get to witness close-up views of the Himalayas, including the Mardi Himal and the Annapurna Range, and experience traditional rural life in remote villages.
- How: To do the Mardi Himal Trek, you will need to be physically fit and have previous trekking experience. The trek typically takes 5 to 7 days to complete, and you can choose to do it independently or with a guide and porter. You will need to obtain a TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) to trek in the area, which can be obtained in Kathmandu.
- Preparation: Before embarking on the trek, it is important to properly acclimatize and prepare physically and mentally. This includes getting a thorough medical check-up, buying or renting appropriate gear and equipment, and training for the physical demands of the trek.
- Routes: The Mardi Himal Trek can be approached from different routes, but the most popular start from Pokhara and follow the trail to Phedi and then to the base camp of Mardi Himal. From there, you will hike to the high camp, from where you will have the best views of the Himalayas, and then return to Pokhara.
- Accommodation: During the trek, you will have the option to stay in teahouses or tents. Teahouses offer basic accommodation and food, while camping will provide a more immersive and rugged experience.
In conclusion, the Mardi Himal Trek is a fantastic way to experience the natural and cultural wonders of Nepal. With proper preparation and a respect for the environment, it can be a life-changing and rewarding adventure.